Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Personal Statement

Starting September 1st most law school applications opened up. This signals the start of an anxiously awaited process for me and my life. I've already taken my LSAT so the next step for me is to write my personal statement. This has got me all tripped up for some reason. It sounds much easier than it is actually turning out to be. I keep trying to start the way I've started almost every paper I've ever written by laying out my structure. I get my main points, what in my life has lead me to where I am today, why I want to attend law school, and where I want my life to go in the future. After that my mind just goes blank, I am having the hardest time figuring out how to introduce myself, talk about my dreams or explain who I am. I've never had writers block like this before and I'm not sure how to get over it. This is going to become a problem soon because I have almost everything else I need done. Like I said I've taken my LSAT, my advisor and boss at my internship are writing my letters of recommendation, and the LSAC has had my transcript since grades were released in May. All I really need to do right now is bust out this personal statement. Who knew writing a simple paper about ones self could be so difficult. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go see the pre law advisor and see if he has any helpful tips. He has helped me soo much through this process I doubt I'd be this far without him.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment